Google's new operating system for the Android will be called KitKat, and the chocolate company is having fun with the partnership.
On a new website, KitKat touts benefits of the chocolate bar. Here are a few examples:
- Hardware: As famous for its inside as its outside.
- Adjustable orientation. Works perfectly in portrait or landscape for a panoramic taste experience.
- Mobile: With global coverage, you can take it literally anywhere. Even to work.
Google is also promoting the partnership:
"Yep, our upcoming release will be named Android KitKat!
"KitKat has been a favorite candy on the team for some time, so for the K release, we asked if they'd be willing to lend their iconic candy bar to its name. Be on the lookout for limited edition Android KitKat bars coming soon to a candy aisle near you. For a lucky few, your KitKat bar might contain a winning ticket for a new Nexus 7 tablet or Google Play credits. Check it out."
- What are the potential risks of the Google/KitKat partnership and how the companies are promoting it?
- What other examples do you recall of companies using humor in similar ways?