A Ragan/NASDAQ OMX Corporate Solutions survey of 2,714 communicators uncovered how organizations' social media teams are structured. This infographic, created by Go-Gulf.com, highlights a few interesting facts about those who completed the questionnaire:
- Only 27% have a dedicated social media team. (It would be interesting to know the size of the companies and industries.)
- 42% have only one person working on social media.
- Only 22% plan to hire more people to manage social media next year.
- 25% use interns for social media work.
- What, if anything, surprises you about this data?
- How do you think these numbers might vary for hospitality, retail, technology, and other industries?
- If you could project out five years, how do you think this data might change? What are your predictions?