It's been a while since someone has ventured into a Twitter hashtag and it backfired. This week, Fifty Shades of Grey author EL James and presidential hopeful Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal fell victim to snarky tweets.
From her hashtag #AskELJames, James caught nasty questions about her writing style:
- "Do you get paid per adjective?"
- "Have you ever held a dictionary?"
- "Did you ever consider using a thesaurus, or did that sound too much like hard work?"
Governor Jindal tried the #AskBobby but got similar poor results. People questioned his record and his success as a governor.
- Research a few successful hashtags. What is the difference between these and those that fail?
- If you were running for office, would you try this approach? If so, how?