The Radicati Group has published its annual email statistics report. The executive summary highlights these survey findings:
- Email is still "the most pervasive form of communication in the business world." Social networking and mobile IM, particularly, are increasing, but "email remains the most ubiquitous form of business communication."
- Most email traffic is from business; consumer email is slowing.
- Business users send and receive an average of 121 emails per day, and this number is expected to increase through 2018.
- What, if anything, about these figures surprise you?
- How can business users manage the number of emails they send and receive? What other tools are available to them?