To celebrate its seventh birthday, Twitter produced a video to show its accomplishments and a few historic tweets.
Here are some stats about Twitter from 2012, of particular interest to business communicators:
- 56% of customer tweets to companies are being ignored.
- 32% of all Internet users are using Twitter.
- 34% of marketers have generated leads using Twitter.
The average age on Twitter is 37.3, according to Pingdom, compared to 40.5 for Facebook. As Twitter declines in average age, Facebook has increased-about two years in the past two years for each.
- How do you use Twitter, if at all? What value do you see for you personally?
- What would inspire you to communicate with company via Twitter rather than Facebook or an online form?