Try to control your enthusiasm. Today is the day you've waited for all year. Sharpen your pencils, turn on Microsoft Word's grammar check, and let's have some fun!
- What's the purpose of punctuation?
- How important do you consider punctuation for business writing?
- Is punctuation more important for some media than others? Why or why not?
- Take a fresh look at a previous assignment for class. Edit it carefully for punctuation errors. Now, switch papers with a partner. Can you catch additional errors?
- Choose one punctuation mark that you would like to understand better. Prepare a short presentation to class to explain the mark. Provide at least three examples of the punctuation mark used correctly in a sentence.
- Practice punctuation with these interactive quizzes: http://grammar.ccc.commnet.edu/grammar/marks/marks.htm